I just installed BrowserHawk and when I try to create an instance of the component I receive the error "ASP 0117:8002801d" with the message description of "Library not registered". How do I resolve this?
This problem is caused by insufficient permissions in the registry. Once permissions are set correctly the issue should be resolved permanently.
Follow these steps to resolve the issue:
Note: It is possible that in future versions of BrowserHawk the GUID for the type library, as shown in step #2, may change to a different number. In that event these instructions may become dated. If you do not see the
registry key listed in step #2 email us for more information.
- run regedt32 (not regedit)
- On the left-hand side of the screen, highlight the following key:
- From the main menu select "Security" and choose "Permissions..."
- Look to see if the ‘Everyone’ account is listed, and add it if not.
- Set the type of access for the ‘Everyone’ account to "Read" permissions.
- Select the checkbox that says "Replace permissions on existing subkeys".
- Press OK to save your changes.
- Retry the BrowserHawk component to confirm that the object instantiates correctly.
BrowserHawk 2000 and BrowserHawk 4.x and later under Windows NT / Windows 2000 running IIS/PWS